Thursday, September 23, 2010

Professor Layton

Confession - I love puzzle games.

A few years ago, Joe bought the game Professor Layton and the Curious Village for the DS. After watching him play over his shoulder, I wanted to try. I finished the game soon after - Joe hasn't played again since. Then, last year when we were in Hawaii, the second one, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box, came out. I bought it and finished it within a week. Today, I bought the third one that just came out, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. I am so excited to start playing...but I am going to pace myself this time. I get so sad when the game is over.


You follow Professor Layton and Luke as they solve a mystery and solve puzzles at the same time. The stories are always really good and the puzzles can get really tricky!

Here is a puzzle for you, can you figure out the answer?

A father and son are chatting when the son poses this question: "Dad, I'm 22 now, but just how old are you?"

The father replies, "You wanna know how old your old man is, eh? Hm, well, I'll tell you what. I'm as old as your age, plus half of my age."

How old is the father?

4 comments:

Nattie said...

I love watching detective cartoon too! just so much fun when you know that the answer is not what we expected at all :P, Hopefully I'm correct, the answer should be 44! is that right?!!? :P

Jude said...

Ooh, I love getting new ideas for fun diversions! (And that image is so cute!) Sadly, I'm not as good solving puzzlers as I am finding out about them, but I'd guess 44 as well? :)

Meghan said...

Yep! It is 44 :)

Bubbles said...

I'm not very good at working out problems so would get annoyed. I had thought 44 but then I thought I must be wrong.