Monday, September 13, 2010

Cookie Truffles



I hope you all had a great Monday! Mine was busy and included a lot of frustration, but it is almost over. It was also another cold and rainy day here. Everything is wet and grey.

Yesterday, I went to hot yoga! It was ok; I am going to try it another time before I make a decision. Due to some health issues, I am currently on medication for high blood pressure and I had more trouble in that hot room than I thought. About 20 minutes in, I got so dizzy I had to lay down. I tried getting up again but it just wouldn't pass. The different standing poses and moving my head up and down didn't help! However, the standing poses only lasted another 10 minutes before we moved onto floor poses - which I did fine. I think a lot of it was I went into it too fast - and I should have taken it slower and listened to my body a bit more, especially going in with already high blood pressure. I loved the feeling so I am going to try it one more time, but if I take it slow and have a hard time again, I'll just have to stick to regular yoga.

Anyways, onto the cookie truffles! I found this recipe on Framed - which is a very dangerous website for me. It is full of the yummiest recipes ever! After a day like today, I would probably eat 50 of these so I will not be making them tonight, but will be soon. I know Joe would LOVE them, he is all about cookies and chocolate! Don't they look soo good?

Ingredients (recipe from Framed)
  • 1 16 oz package Nutterbutters or Oreos
  • 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
  • 1 14 ounce package candy melts
Directions

1. Place all but 6 cookies in food processor and process until ground to fine crumbs.
2. Put crumbs and cream cheese in bowl and mix until completely combined.
3. Form dough into one inch balls
4. Melt candy in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between each heating, until melted.
5. Coat each ball in candy and place on cookie sheet covered in wax paper.
6. Chill in refrigerator until candy is hardened.
7. Do what you will with those 6 extra cookies.

Yum yum!

What is your favourite food to indulge in?

9 comments:

M.G.T@SoSheDid said...

Potatoes. Buttercream.

a little black cloud in a dress said...

shut up!!!! Those things look dangerous.

Marley said...

can we make them when I come visit?
I hope they sit better in my tummy than your (accidentally rotten) pumpkin muffins!

Signe said...

Those truffles look insanely good!
And too bad you didn't do too well with hot yoga, hopefully it will be a bit better next time!

Jude said...

I remember it took my friend several tries, but hot yoga finally worked for her - hope it'll be the same for you! Also, please don't tempt me so early in the day with these lovely treats!

Roadrunner said...

Mmm, those look yummy!

♥: http://walkingintheairr.blogspot.com

Taylor said...

These look delicious!! My stomach is growling looking at them!

xo
Taylor

http://sometimeshavingitall.blogspot.com

ag. said...

oh. my. gosh. those look incredible...that might be my new fave food to indulge in! (maybe with a side of ice cream!)

Jessica said...

ohhhh wow! these both look absolutely indulgent! yumm!