Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pizza experiment

Tonight for dinner I wanted to try something different. I was in the mood for some sort of pizza so I grabbed some ingredients and threw this together!


It is a stuffed pizza! I went a bit overboard with the filling but it ended up being really tasty, so I didn't mind and neither did Joe.

Ingredients (I don't measure when I cook, so I just threw stuff in...)

Spinach
Pesto
Cooked chicken
Ricotta cheese
Cheddar cheese
Pillsbury pizza dough

Directions

1. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and season with salt and pepper. Cook.
2. Mix together rest of the ingredients and add the chicken.
3. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and lay out dough.
4. Add the cheese/pesto/chicken/spinach mixture (maybe a little much on my part! oops!)
5. Fold dough around mixture into a neat little package.
6. Bake at 400F for about 30 mintues.


Voila!

4 comments:

M.G.T@SoSheDid said...

That pizza looks golden.

LovelyBee said...

That stuffing souns DELISH!!! :) Yum

Bubbles said...

I'm the same when cooking, I just throw everything in so when it comes to posting things I'm stuck... I usually end up doing a search and find that those people add all kinds of stupid things in that I never would.

This pizza looks great and its always fun to experiment.

Signe said...

Ooh, that one looks yummy! And pretty similar to a calzone you can buy at one of my local snack bars, just that one is made with spinach and feta cheese. Also yummy!

And so fun to find out you play wow too! I just can't wait for cataclysm :)