Thursday, September 9, 2010

5 things I love about...my brothers

(From left to right: Kelli, Cody, Marley, Tyler, and me)

Today is my brother Tyler's 30th birthday (Happy birthday, Ty!). He came over and I made him his dinner of choice; ham, whipped potatoes, and corn on the cob, followed by chocolate cake. It was nice to have him over, and considering he lives about a 10 minute bike ride away, I don't see him very often!

I am lucky I have brothers. I actually have 2 half brothers and 2 full (3 of them are older than I am and 1 younger).

So here are 5 things I love about my brothers:

1) You can always count on Cody to go out and pick up anything you need or want. If it is 2 in the morning and you feel like a slurpee, he will go and get one for you.

2) Tyler is a very good biking partner. He bought a new bike around the same time I got mine and we had a really good ride, just like when we were kids!

3) Tyler never wants to see me sad. I remember when I was crying so hard one time when I was younger and I told him I was never going to stop. He grabbed one of my Barbies and ripped her head off and put it on her foot and made it run around like some weird giraffe. Sounds so weird but it made me laugh so hard. He does the funniest things to cheer me up.

4) They call me Egg, or some form of it - Eggelin, Eggo, Eggy, Eggametis - the list goes on. I actually don't even remember the last time they called me Meghan or Meg.

5) Whenever I am on a roller coaster or some fast ride with them, they always yell crazy things, like, 'jinkies!"


Do you have any brothers?

5 comments:

Signe said...

Have a younger brother and he is a riot to hang out with :)
From a young age we found out it was 'us against the grownups' and we kept it like that out entire childhood and youth. Never did he tell on me, even though I sometimes had to buy his silence with sweets. Smart kid!

a little black cloud in a dress said...

aww, this makes me miss my brother! He lives 200 miles away and we don't get to see each other very often. :[

Bubbles said...

I have 2 brothers, we all still live at home. We argue very rarely. Your brothers sounds so great though doing all those fun things and taking care of you:)

LatteLisa said...

I love this entry.

I have three brothers who live in Iceland. I'd like to get a copy of that Cody; excellent to have someone near who would do anything for you even though it was 2 in the morning!

Marley said...

Cody always drives me to work when i am late or it is cold!
And Tyler leaves me trails of candy on my desk for when I get home :)