Tuesday, January 11, 2011

True Grit



While in Pittsburgh for Christmas, Joe and I went to see the Coen brother's version of True Grit. As a John Wayne fan (living with my dad, you knew John Wayne, and you watched John Wayne), I went into it familiar with the original film from 1969 that won Mr. Wayne his Oscar. I know a lot of people were upset about a remake, but also being a fan of the Coen brothers, I was really excited to go and see it. Neither of us were disappointed, it was a great movie.

There are a few differences in the story, but nothing too major. What is really different is just how the film feels. What I mean is, the 1969 version seemed less, I don't know...gritty. See them, and you'll know what I mean. Both are fantastic and if you haven't seen either, I recommend.

No comments: