Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blog Award


Thank you so much to Bubbles for this award! I pass it back to you, I love your colourful blog!

Now, I must share 7 things about myself...

1) When I was learning to walk, my brother's friend slammed my pinky finger in the hinge of a door. I had been holding onto the wall for support and they didn't want me in the room (or so I've been told - I don't remember!). The bones were shattered and now, my left pinky is permanently broken and bent and short. No one seems to ever notice it, and I can use it just fine. It is just a part of me.

2) I absolutely love to play board (or card) games. When I am with my family (especially on holidays) we play a ton. I could play for hours and hours. My favourites are Risk and Yahtzee.

3) My mom is my hero. She is the strongest person I have ever known. My dad passed away when I was 12 and somehow she managed to raise me and my siblings (my little sister was 2 and my older brother was 15, and there are 3 more of us in between), go back to college, graduate Valedictorian of her class and Student of the Year, make an amazing career as a social worker (she even won an award) - I will just never, ever know. She has been through so much and I am so proud of her.

4) When I was younger, I loved Beverly Hills 90210. My favourite character was David Silver, who was played by Brian Austin Green. I wrote him a fan letter, but it wasn't about how I thought he was cute or anything, but how I deeply respected his acting. This story was told at my wedding.

5) I love Hanson. I don't care what anyone says. I get teased relentlessly at work about it and by some friends, but I don't care. My friend, Mary, understands. We have Hanson-offs, text each other lyrics, and we got to meet them 2 years ago. It was a defining moment for both of us. Mmmbop!

6) I am terrified of whales. I do think they are beautiful and I have seen them both in captivity (sad) and in the wild but for some reason, the thought of them scares me. I am not afraid of fish, or dolphins, or sharks, but an Orca or a Humpback or a Blue Whale...scary! I just have this image of one swallowing me whole. I think it is because of Monstro.

7) I love to read but I am very bad at it. Not that I can't read (I have a BA in Communications - hopefully I can read!) but I always start something and never finish it. I currently have 5 books that are half read. It isn't like I get bored or I don't like them, it is just some sort of bad habit or something. I am not proud of it.

...and pass this award on to other stylish bloggers!

Heartfire at Home
this free bird
Am(arley) Chord
Pearls and Politics
***All Things Marie***
Cap Ou Pas Cap

Thank you again, Bubbles!

8 comments:

M.G.T@SoSheDid said...

Awesome Megs!

this free bird said...

I love how you said "It is just a part of me". For some reason that really struck me. My brother knocked a soup can from a shelf and it landed on my head causing me to get rushed to the hospital with blood dripping down my face. I think I was 5. To this day I have this little knot thing on my head on the part. I guess it is just a part of me, too.

Thanks so much for sharing this. The David Silver story being told at your wedding is awesome!! And THANK YOU for including me. I will most def try to participate in the next week or so!!

xoxo,
Carrie

Bubbles said...

Thanks for accepting and I loved what you shared :)

LatteLisa said...

that's a good list you've got there. Your mother must be quite a character, love her story.

kelli said...

What I can't believe is that your finger can still be broken!

Chelsea Finn said...

Congrats on your award. That is terrible what happened to your pinky, but at least its okay now.
I sometimes have the same problem with books. Haha. I also love board games! So many people that I know dont anymore.

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

Flourishing Networks said...

I love the 7 things about you post - well done:) and congrats on the award. Your mum sounds amazing!!

Signe said...

Grats on your award Meghan :)

And I used to love Beverly Hills 90210 as well but when I see reruns of it now I donno what the hell I was thinking! But David was the prettiest guy in the show - no doubt :)