Saturday, December 4, 2010

Zoo Lights







Here are a few photos from Zoo Lights! I love going, it is so nice to walk around and see the displays and hear the music and see all the people out enjoying it. There is also a really big display in a golf course just down the street from my house that I hope to go walk and check out sometime this week.

Do you have any big light shows or displays or houses that have crazy Christmas lights around you? 2 years ago in Pittsburgh, we saw the most amazing house - there was not a spot on it without a light! I don't have any photos of it because I was taking a video the whole time, but this year, I want to go back and see it again, it was seriously amazing!

I think Christmas lights are one of my favourite things about this time of year!

9 comments:

Marie said...

I live in the city so we don't get to see much of these but whenever I visit my parents and siblings, I see a lot in their neighborhood.:D

I think Christmas lights are fun too!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Bubbles said...

Those looks great, unfortunately where my mum lives its now majority Pakistani people and we do nothing for Christmas... where my sister lives there are a few house that do decorate but only really basically. I'm yet to walk down a street where nearly every house is decorated but they do exist as I've seen them on TV having crazy competitions.

Signe said...

No one decorates their houses or buildings like that over here - not by a long shot!
Think I need to go celebrate Christmas in the US or Canada once so I can get a taste of some extravagant decoration :)

Meghan said...

My mom does a big display in her front window and has lights up all around. I don't do anything that big at my house - I just have 5 stars that have lights on them that I put in the window. Some homes don't have anything - and you see more decorated houses where my mom lives (a town) than in Calgary.

Bubbles - we were watching a program last night that had extreme decorations too, it was crazy! So much work...

M.G.T@SoSheDid said...

Was it Sid's house Meg? I bet he likes christmas.

this free bird said...

i love seeing all the lights, too. we have some people here who go all out and the streets are lit up like early evening at midnight!! and a bunch of boats in the marina light up and sail around, too - it really is the best!!

xo,
c

a little black cloud in a dress said...

this looks like so much fun... but weren't you freezing?!

Meghan said...

Actually, it wasn't too bad that night. When it gets super, super cold it maybe last a day or 2. We had a chinook come through (warm winds that come over the mountains) so it warmed up a bit :)

Jude said...

Ooh, how lovely - I miss being anywhere near a zoo! The Honolulu Zoo used to do this every year when I was young, and then in recent years, when I had to be in DC for work sometimes, I always made a point of passing by the zoo lights there (big deal in DC :)). Thanks so much for sharing these! It was awesome to see on this too-long Monday!