Joe started watching Mad Men a few months ago and I would usually be in the living room with him doing something else while it was on. Slowly, episode after episode, I started paying more attention and getting deeper into the storyline. Now, I can't wait until Sunday evening.
Here are 5 things I love about Mad Men.
1. The clothes. Men in dark suits with crisp white shirts. Women in high waist pencil skirts and silk tops. So classic.
2. You always know when in time you are. The women cried when Marilyn Monroe died, a wedding was ruined due to the assassination of JFK, Don tells his secretary to buy Sally some Beatles 45s; I love the inclusion of true events.
3. Peggy. At first she was so mousy and naive. Now she is becoming more confident, successful, and is starting to take more chances to get what she wants.
4. The John Deere Tractor. I watched wide eyed with my mouth hanging open in horror while Joe laughed his head off. One of the most memorable scenes!
5. 2 words - Donald Draper. So suave, so handsome. His life is complex but he is always so cool. Oh, and handsome.